After a long, cold winter we all long for the warmth of spring. Unfortunately, weather changes from cold to warm come with their own challenges.
An estimated 50 million Americans suffer from allergies each year, but it isn’t just your lungs that can suffer during the changing seasons – so can your skin. Changes in temperature, pollen levels, humidity, and sun exposure during the spring can wreak havoc on your skin, triggering irritation and breakouts, all while aggravating existing skin problems.
Learn what’s actually happening to your skin through the changing weather and how you can ease it through the transition with Yon-Ka Paris professional treatments and at-home products.
How Does Spring Weather Affect Your Skin?
All winter long you’ve been struggling to keep your skin hydrated and protected against the cold. When the weather starts to warm up, you may think the worst of it is behind you but that may not be true.
Spring weather can be just as volatile as winter, going back and forth from beautiful sunny days to harsh downpours with blowing wind. On those sunny days, you want to spend as much time outside as possible but more time outside means more UV exposure. This can be particularly damaging to your skin if you haven’t quite transitioned out of the habit of bundling up, trying to cover every bit of exposed skin to keep out the cold.
Fluctuations in spring temperatures can lead to problems as well. When the sun’s out and you find yourself enjoying the warm weather, you may relish the opportunity to finally get out and go for a run or a hike. Being more active often means more sweat than your body’s been used to for the past few months and that can lead to clogged pores and breakouts.
The combination of increased exercise, more sweating, and increased humidity in the air may also increase your skin’s oil production which can further exacerbate these and other existing skin challenges.
Of course, in all this talk about the unexpected challenges that come with the spring season, we would be remiss if we didn’t mention allergies. If you suffer from allergies, you’ll find yourself dealing with everything from itchy eyes to a runny nose which means your hands are going to come into contact with your face a lot. When that happens, bacteria and dirt can easily transfer to your skin where they can contribute to any number of skin problems.
While spring has its share of skin obstacles to avoid, there are precautions you can take to keep your youthful glow going.
Prepare Your Skin with Professional Treatments
You can’t prevent the seasons from changing (nor would you want to) but you can take simple steps to prepare your skin for the change. Understanding the skin challenges that come with spring is half the battle, but you also need to know what you can do about it.
Keeping your hands and your skin clean is essential. Cleansing your face in the morning and before bed will remove dirt, oil, and bacteria that could otherwise clog your pores and contribute to breakouts. Washing your hands is important as well, especially before touching your face, so you don’t transfer bacteria. Exfoliation and moisturizing, as always, are also important aspects of spring skin care.
Although, if you really want to prepare your skin for spring, consider a Yon-Ka Paris professional treatment targeted to your skin type and your individual skin care concerns. Le Grand Classique is the perfect spa treatment to wipe your skin’s slate clean from the winter blues and ready it for spring.
A uniquely customizable facial, this 90-minute professional treatment includes Yon-Ka’s five-step deep cleansing system. The treatment starts with an invigorating cleansing with the cleanser appropriate for your skin type to awaken the skin and prepare it for the treatment. From there, Emulsion Concentree is diluted according to your unique skin needs and applied in a cool mist using a professional spray machine to increase penetration and maximize hydration.
Step three involves soft exfoliation with Yon-Ka’s four-in-one Gommage Yon-Ka gel applied in a thick layer to exfoliate, clarify, hydrate, and balance your skin. Exfoliation is followed by a second toning with Emulsion Concentree for deep hydration. This is followed by an application of Yon-Ka’s professional strength Active Micro Peel to further exfoliate the skin, buffing away dead cells to reveal the radiant skin beneath.
This and other Yon-Ka Paris professional treatments can be customized to your exact skin type and your unique skin care concerns. Use the Spa Locator to find a Yon-Ka Paris professional near you to discuss which treatment is right for you.
Tips for Maintaining Your Results at Home
A professional facial treatment is the perfect way to prepare your skin for spring, but it’s then up to you to maintain the results at home.
Maintaining clear and glowing skin is all about consistency. Using the right products for your skin type and following a skin care routine is the best way to go. Here are some Yon-Ka products you can use at home to prepare your skin for spring and to keep it glowing well into summer:
- Gommage Yon-Ka – Included in Le Grand Classique professional facial, this 4-in-1 gel facial peel offers exfoliating, hydrating, clarifying, and balancing effects. With brown seaweed extracts and lime essential oil, this particle-free exfoliant tightens pores and firms the skin to give all skin types a healthy glow.
- Booster Nutri+ – Repair your skin from the damaging effects of winter with this nutrient-dense oil. It boosts the effects of your daily moisturizer to nourish and regenerate skin, softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles at the same time.
- Booster Defense + – Protect your skin against the changing weather and seasonal allergies with this protective concentrate. This product boosts the effects of your daily moisturizer, enhancing your skin’s resistance to external aggressors (like pollution) and reinforcing its natural protective barrier.
- Elixir Vital – This regenerating elixir repairs damage to all skin types, revitalizing and remineralizing skin to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Offering intense moisturizing action, this vitamin-packed elixir heals skin damaged by everything from stress and hormonal changes to excessive sun exposure.
- SPF 25 – Before you head out into the sun, protect your skin with SPF 25, a broad-spectrum medium protection sunscreen cream for all skin types. Suitable for both face and body, this product filters harmful UVA and UVB rays with the added benefit of powerful hydrating and nourishing ingredients.
Put your best face forward this spring by enjoying a Yon-Ka Paris professional spa treatment to rejuvenate, refresh, and revitalize your skin. Once your skin is prepped and ready, it’s up to you to maintain the results with a daily skin care routine and products customized to your skin type. If you’re not sure what’s right for your skin, consult the Skin Advisor or ask a Yon-Ka Paris professional today.