When it comes to skincare, you probably focus most of your attention on your face and neck. The skin on your face and neck is delicate and sensitive, so it makes sense that you show it a little extra love. That being said, don’t neglect the skin on your hands and feet, because they take a great deal of abuse throughout your life.
The hands and feet are the workhorses of the body and they are exposed to just as much sunlight, pollution, and wear and tear as your face and neck – maybe even more. It is no wonder that the skin on your hands and feet has turned a little rough! Don’t worry though – we’re going to help you fix it.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the things that cause the skin on your hands and feet to become rough and we’ll provide simple tips for softening rough skin. You’ll also receive several recommendations for Yon-Ka Paris products designed to soften rough skin.
Tips to Soften Your Hands and Feet
Your hands and feet see a lot of action, but what is it that causes the skin to dry out, crack, and bleed? The most common cause of dry, cracked skin is damage to the protective outer layer. This can be caused by exposure to severe weather, damage from UV rays, environmental pollutants, and more. When the outer layer of your skin is compromised, it becomes more vulnerable to damage and dryness.
Here are some simple tips to soften the skin on your hands:
- Switch to a moisturizing hand cleanser. Hand soaps are designed to kill bacteria and other pathogens, so they often contain harsh ingredients which can dry out your skin. Switch to a moisturizing cleanser instead and be sure to rinse away the residue before drying your hands.
- Moisturize after each wash. It may sound strange that washing your hands can dry out your skin, but that’s exactly what happens. Especially if you work in a profession where you wash your hands often, moisturizing is extremely important. Choose a product made with gentle natural ingredients instead of artificial fragrances and harsh ingredients.
- Avoid exposure to extreme temperatures. If you’re going outside in winter, protect your hands with gloves or mittens. Indoors, avoid using air dryers because they can dry out your hands and cause the skin to become rough over time.
- Exfoliate several times a week. You probably exfoliate the skin on your face and neck already, but don’t neglect to give your hands the same treatment! Using a body exfoliant like Yon-Ka Paris’ Gommage Sucre gently removes dead skin cells, revealing softer skin underneath.
- Wear gloves to bed once in a while. If you want to give your hands a deep moisturizing treatment, apply a thick layer of moisturizer then put on a pair of cotton gloves right before bed. Your skin will soak up the hydration overnight.
- Apply a layer of sunscreen before going outside. Again, you probably only think of your face and neck with it comes to sun protection, but your hands are just as prone to burning and sun damage. Choose a broad-spectrum product like Yon-Ka Paris SPF 25 and apply liberally.
Your hands are right in front of you all day long, so it’s easy to remember to take care of them. But what about your feet? Here are some simple tips for softening rough skin on your feet:
- Exfoliate your skin a few times a week. The same way exfoliating rough hands on your skin can help soften it, so can exfoliating your feet. Choose an exfoliant designed for body rather than face and neck and apply several times a week.
- Apply a foot care moisturizer. Foot creams are specially designed to help soften rough skin on the feet and they are safe for daily use. Yon-Ka Paris’ Crème Mains is a great choice for rough feet as it is quickly absorbed into the skin, where key ingredients such as shea butter help repair and nourish the skin.
- Wear comfortable shoes and switch daily. Wearing shoes that don’t fit well can rub against your skin, causing irritation that may lead to roughness and calluses. Choose shoes that fit well and are comfortable to wear, switching pairs every other day to avoid irritation.
- Indulge in a spa pedicure. If you really want to tackle rough skin, indulge in a spa pedicure. Spa professionals are trained in the art of exfoliating and moisturizing the skin on your feet and you can extend your results with products at home. Use the Yon-Ka Paris Spa Locator to find a spa near you and make an appointment for a spa pedicure.
Caring for your skin should be a priority and a daily habit, not something you do once in a while when there is a problem. If you want the skin on your hands and feet to be soft and smooth, you’ll need to start following some of the tips listed above and consider adding skin-softening products to your daily skincare regimen as well.
The Best Yon-Ka Paris Products to Soften Rough Skin
As a French professional skincare brand, Yon-Ka Paris uses essential oils, natural plant extracts, and aesthetic techniques to deliver incomparable results. From common skincare concerns like blemishes and dry skin to severe issues like rough, cracked skin, Yon-Ka Paris has a product for every need.
Here are some of the best Yon-Ka Paris products to soften skin:
- Gommage Sucre – A nourishing combination of sunflower oil and cane sugar, this scrub features an exquisite texture that exfoliates away dead skin cells, leaving your skin smooth, supple, and glowing. Apply once or twice weekly to damp skin and massage in gently before rinsing. For very rough skin, apply to dry skin to improve performance. Available in both a citrus-rich Vitality blend or a floral Relax blend of essential oils.
- Crème Mains – Formulated for the hands, nails, and cuticles, this hydrating cream repairs and protects even the driest, roughest skin. It features powerful natural ingredients like shea butter, vegetable glycerin, and grapeseed oil to nourish and rehydrate dry skin.
- Gommage Doux – This smoothing cream harnesses the exfoliating properties of bamboo and apricot kernel powders to remove dead skin cells, promoting soft, clean skin. A 2-in-1 treatment, this product also hydrates and replenishes the skin’s natural moisture for silky softness. Massage gently into damp skin and rinse with warm water. Available in both a lavender Detox blend or a woodsy Silhouette blend of essential oils.
- Lait Hydratant – With its velvety texture, this hydrating body milk penetrates rough skin quickly, delivering immediate comfort and leaving your skin silky smooth. It contains grapeseed oil as a natural source of omega fatty acids with sweet almond oil for its soothing properties. Apply a thin layer day and night to enjoy the skin-softening benefits.
Depending how rough your skin is, you may not be able to soften it overnight. For the best results, incorporate some of the tips listed above as well as some of the recommended products into your routine and the skin on your hands and feet will soon be velvety smooth and soft.