When it comes to skincare products, “peptides” are one of those buzzwords many have heard of but don’t know really know what they are. Should we actively seek out skincare products with peptides? And if so, what kind of benefits will they provide?
To help you fully understand why peptides are an important element in Yon-Ka’s skincare products, keep reading below…
What You Need to Know About Peptides
As you may already know, our skin is made up of structural proteins like collagen. Collagen is essential for keeping our skin strong and firm. In our younger years, we produce plenty of collagen to keep skin plump and youthful. However, our body’s production of collagen starts to slow down in our mid-to-late 20’s. Then, collagen production drastically drops after age 30. In fact, it can drop by 1-2% every year after that. As our collagen decreases, we are left with thinner skin, less elasticity and firmness, and unfortunately, noticeable wrinkles.
How do peptides work? Amino acids link together to form chains. These chains can be short (a peptide) or long, but the longer chains become proteins. Peptides are fragments of proteins and work as cell communicators to perform specific cell functions. As mentioned above, the skins most important protein is collagen. By incorporating skincare products with peptides that stimulate collagen production into your daily routine, you can see anti-aging benefits like a firmer, more youthful looking appearance. Yon-Ka’s Advanced Optimizer Serum contains hibiscus peptides to stimulate collagen production.
Peptide-Rich Yon-Ka Paris Skincare Products
Besides the Advanced Optimizer Serum, peptides can be found in a variety of Yon-Ka skincare products. You’re likely to see “lupine peptides”, “beech bud peptides”, “soy peptides”, “elastin peptides”, and “milk peptides” listed in the ingredients of many products that we offer. Each of the peptides plays a different anti-aging functions in the skin, resulting in healthier, younger-looking skin.
If you’re interested in incorporating peptides into your skincare routine, consider the following Yon-Ka products…
- Advanced Optimizer Crème: This anti-aging moisturizer uses white lupine peptides to slow enzymatic activity that breaks down collagen. Use in partnership with the Advanced Optimizer Serum to firm and redensify the skin.
- Elixir Vital: Repair all types of damaged skin with this corrective elixir that revitalizes and remineralizes skin and diminishes wrinkles and fine lines. With intense moisturizing action and a restructuring blend of beech bud and soy peptides, this vitamin-packed anti-wrinkle serum treatment heals skin damaged by fatigue, stress, pregnancy, hormonal changes, scars, and excessive sun exposure.
- Elastine Jour: Soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with this smoothing cream that protects and plumps lackluster skin, restoring its natural elasticity. Partner to Elastine Nuit, it is enriched with smoothing elastin and milk peptides along with shea butter that protects and repairs.
- Elastine Nuit: Soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with this protein-enriched treatment cream that restores the skins natural elastic look and feel. Partner to Elastine Jour, it is enriched with smoothing elastin and milk peptides along with shea butter that protects and repairs.
- Alpha Fluid: Activate cellular renewal with this hydrating anti-wrinkle moisturizer that is specifically formulated for all skin types. A bountiful collection of fruit extracts rich in alpha hydroxy acids smooths fine lines and first wrinkles, while sweet almond proteins hydrate the skin and calendula soothes it.