Commonly used in cooking, olive oil is made by pressing olives to extract their natural oil. Olive oil comes in many different forms, all of which are loaded with healthy monounsaturated fat. Though you may be most familiar with olive oil as an ingredient in salad dressing or as a cooking oil, it is also a common ingredient in skincare products, valued for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
To enjoy the skin-supporting benefits of olive oil, look for moisturizers and oil-balancing products that contain it as a main ingredient. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of olive oil for your skin.
The Benefits of Olive Oil for Skin
Olive oil is a highly versatile ingredient, and it is much lighter than some plant oils. Rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, olive oil is also a good source of fat-soluble vitamins. When it comes to its use in skincare products, olive oil acts as an emollient and a moisturizer. As an emollient, it may help smooth and soften dry skin and, as a moisturizer, it supports the skin’s hydrolipidic film to maintain adequate hydration.
Here are some of the benefits of olive oil for the skin:
- Moisturizes the skin. By reducing water loss, olive oil helps moisturize the skin and supports its natural protective barrier.
- Prevents premature aging. Rich in antioxidant vitamins like A, D, K, and E, olive oil helps protect against oxidative damage which can speed up the aging process.
- Protects against environmental damage. The antioxidant properties of olive oil also help protect the skin against damaging inflammation and environmental aggressors.
- Supports skin repair. Rich in triterpenes, olive oil supports cell migration, cell proliferation, and collagen production to enhance wound healing and skin repair.
5 Yon-Ka Products Featuring Olive Oil
For over 65 years, Yon-Ka Paris has been developing luxurious plant cell active-based skincare regimens that deliver scientifically proven results. Thanks to a long history of research and expertise in phyto-aromatic therapy, Yon-Ka skincare products offer a unique olfactive and therapeutic experience powered by plant-based ingredients. Olive oil is just one of the many natural ingredients featured in Yon-Ka Paris products, primarily in their facial moisturizers to balance oil production.
Here are the top 5 products from Yon-Ka featuring olive oil:
- Crème 28 – Enriched with nourishing botanicals and skin-supporting vitamins, this softening cream soothes and comforts all dehydrated skin. This formula features soothing allantoin, plant-derived PCA, and olive oil to repair and protect the skin while preventing water loss.
- Pamplemousse PS/PNG – This lightweight revitalizing cream brightens, revitalizes, and nourishes skin while protecting it from environmental damage. Formulated with 97% ingredients of natural origin and enriched with vitamin C, this moisturizer invigorates the complexion and improves skin radiance for a healthy, youthful glow. There is a formula available for normal to oily skin and a formula for dry skin.
- Crème 93 – Mattify the complexion and balance surface oils with this protective moisturizer for combination skin. This treatment combines antioxidant vitamins and adaptogenic essential oils to calm and restore balance to the skin, leaving it looking healthy and supple.
- Men’s Nutri-Cream – Formulated specifically for men’s skin, this energizing cream shields the skin from environmental aggressors while delivering deep hydration. This formula is enriched with vitamins for anti-aging benefits and comes in a quick-absorbing formula for fast results.
- Crème PG – This all-in-one treatment moisturizer for oily skin helps tighten pores and regulate oil secretions thanks to the naturally astringent properties of burdock root. Formulated with olive oil, soy proteins, and Yon-Ka’s Quintessence, this formula mattifies the complexion and delivers anti-aging benefits.
These products from Yon-Ka Paris are an excellent way to include olive oil in your daily skincare routine.