With age comes wisdom, as they say. Unfortunately, age also brings with it undesirable changes to your appearance such as fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. The thin, fragile skin around your eyes is often the first part of your face to show the tell-tale signs of aging. With the right skincare routine, however, you can maintain the youthful appearance of your eyes, so no one knows your true age but you.
In this article, we’ll explore the reasons why the skin around your eyes is so delicate and what you can do to protect it. We’ll also talk about lifestyle tips and Yon-Ka Paris products that can help you maintain youthful looking eyes for many years to come.
Tips for Protecting the Skin Around Your Eyes
The skin around your eyes is known as the eye contour area. It is the circular area that reaches from the inner corner of your eye to the outer corner at the tip of your eyebrow. It also includes the circular area right below the eyebrow. Skin in the eye contour area is twice as thin as the skin on the rest of your face and it contains half as many sebaceous glands (and they are smaller in size). This means that the skin around your eyes is very fragile and much more sensitive to dryness. It is also the first part of your face to show the physical signs of aging.
Because the skin in the eye contour area is so fragile, you need to be careful with the products you use and how you use them. There are three primary things you can do to protect the skin around your eyes:
- Don’t neglect your moisturization routine to the contour area
- Double-check the ingredients in your skincare products
- Always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30
The sebaceous glands in your skin produce oil that protects the skin, but skin in the eye contour area contains half as many of these moisturizing glands. Apply an eye contour that moisturizes, while also appropriate for your contour needs in the morning and evening every day. In addition to choosing an appropriate contour product, make sure the other skin care products you use don’t contain harsh ingredients that might dry out your already-sensitive skin around the eyes. Finally, for an extra layer of protection, follow the American Academy of Dermatology’s recommendation of wearing SPF 30 or higher on your face daily.
The Best Yon-Ka Products for Younger Looking Eyes
Protecting your skin with a simply cleansing, exfoliation, and hydration routine is important to maintain its natural firmness and complexion, but sometimes you need a little extra help. Fortunately, Yon-Ka Paris offers a complete wardrobe of options when it comes to contour products designed specifically for the delicate skin around your eyes.
Here are the top Yon-Ka Paris skincare lines recommended for youthful looking eyes:
- Alpha Contour – Infused with alpha hydroxy acids to smooth and renew skin affected by fine lines and wrinkles, this lightweight gel is specifically designed for eye and lip contours. Apply a thin layer in the morning and evening for the best results.
- Nutri-Contour – This cream textured eye and lip contour is rich in hazelnut oil, niacin, and vitamins E and F to nourish and repair the skin while protecting against free-radical damage. Apply a thin layer in the morning and evening.
- Phyto-Contour – A best-selling product, this refreshing balm-cream is formulated specifically for the eye contours to combat dark circles and tighten skin. Highly concentrated with 8% rosemary essential oil to drain and depuff, this cream can be used at night for firmer skin the following morning or in the morning as a refreshing wake-up mask.
- Men’s Undereye Gel – This multi-functional gel is rich in botanicals and essential oils to drain, depuff, hydrate, and smooth the sensitive skin around the eyes. Use daily and nightly.
- Excellence Code Contours – This velvety cream hydrates and nourishes the skin, acting against all signs of aging in the eye and lip contours. It features a patented cooling tip to decongest, working against dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles while smoothing, lifting, and hydrating.
Use these Yon-Ka Paris products at home as part of your daily skin care routine or try them out in a Yon-Ka professional spa facial. For additional advice and personalized skincare tips, talk to a Yon-Ka Paris professional or visit a Yon-Ka Paris salon for an age-defying facial. Use the Spa Locator to find one!
Lifestyle Tips for Youthful Looking Eyes
Your daily habits have a significant impact on your skin, even if you don’t realize it, so take the time to learn what you can do to naturally maintain younger looking eyes.
Here are some simple lifestyle tips for maintaining youthful looking eyes:
- Get a good night’s sleep. Your skin needs time to rest and recharge just as much as your body does, so aim for at least 7 to 8 hours of solid rest each night.
- Exercise on a regular basis. Regular exercise helps improve your overall health and wellness, but it also boosts circulation which is important for your skin.
- Follow a balanced diet and stay hydrated. The quality of your diet has an impact on your skin. Limit your intake of refined carbohydrates, added sugars, and saturated fats. Also, make an effort to drink plenty of water to keep your body (and your skin) hydrated.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes. Not only do sunglasses protect your eyes from UV rays but they keep you from squinting which can wrinkle the thin skin around your eyes.
- Limit screen time with devices. Screened devices like laptops and smartphones emit High Energy Visible Light or HEV rays which can break down collagen, so limit your screen time.
- Be gentle when applying and removing makeup. Because the skin around your eyes is very thin, extra pressure can contribute to fine lines and skin damage – be gentle!
Making adjustments to your lifestyle and skincare routine can set you on the path to firmer skin and youthful looking eyes. It is never too late to start taking better care of your skin and, with these simple tips, it is easy to start right away. Best of luck!