It has often been said that laughter is the best medicine and, in fact, laughing can relieve stress, soothe tension, and even boost immunity. While a little laughter can do big things for your mental health and wellness, it comes with a few skin-related side effects. Longtime repeated facial expressions like smiling can lead to fine lines and wrinkles which become more prominent with age. They’re called laugh lines.
Laugh lines are a natural consequence of aging and they can be tricky to treat. Though laugh lines are likely to catch up with you eventually, there are some simple things you can do to combat them or, at the very least, keep them from getting worse.
What Are Laugh Lines?
Also known as smile lines, laugh lines are technically called nasolabial folds. They’re the lines that curve around your mouth and extend vertically from the sides of your nose. Laugh lines can also form around the eyes and may become more noticeable when you smile.
Laugh lines are caused by repetitive facial expressions from smiling or laughing. The skin loses firmness and elasticity with age and repeated expressions can lead to the formation of wrinkles which deepen into creases. Lifestyle factors like smoking, sun damage, dehydration, and even genetics can contribute to the formation of laugh lines as well.
Skincare Tips to Combat Laugh Lines
Here are some simple tips to naturally combat laugh lines:
- Choose skincare products made with vitamin C to promote collagen production and boost skin elasticity.
- Include moisturizer in your daily skincare routine to keep the skin hydrated – dry and dehydrated skin are more likely to show the visible signs of aging.
- Use facial massage techniques when applying skincare products – always massage the skin in an upward direction to lift the face.
- Quit smoking and using other tobacco products – quitting smoking can prevent existing lines from worsening and may even improve them.
- Exfoliate your skin 2 to 3 times a week to remove dead cells from the surface of your skin, revealing new, healthier cells underneath.
- Fuel your skin with a healthy, balanced diet – research suggests a plant-based died can be particularly beneficial for skin health.
- Include exercise in your weekly routine and drink plenty of water – dehydration can make laugh lines and other wrinkles appear worse.
While laugh lines are a natural part of the aging process, you can take steps to protect your skin and keep it looking youthful for many years to come. Read on to learn more about Yon-Ka Paris skincare products formulated to address the various aspects of aging.
Yon-Ka’s Top Anti-Aging Products
It’s never too early to start taking better care of your skin. The sooner you start a daily skincare regimen, the sooner you’ll see the benefits. If laugh lines and other signs of aging are a concern, consider including some of Yon-Ka’s anti-aging products in your daily routine. Yon-Ka’s anti-aging products are formulated to defend against the early signs of aging, correct the visible signs of aging, and care for the ongoing needs of mature skin.
Here are some of Yon-Ka’s top anti-aging products for treating lines and wrinkles:
- Alpha Contour – This regenerating anti-wrinkle gel helps smooth and renew the skin around the eyes. Composed of 96% ingredients of natural origin, this two-in-one contour cream gently smooths the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles without irritation. Boosted with the hydrating power of hyaluronic acid, this formula plumps and hydrates the skin for a smoother look.
- Elastine Jour/Nuit – Available in a daytime and nighttime formula, these plumping anti-aging creams are packed with peptides, antioxidant vitamins, and nourishing amino acids. This treatment plumps the skin from within to restore your youthful complexion, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Add your favorite Yon-Ka booster to customize and improve the effects.
- Time Resist Jour/Nuit – Formulated with plant-based stem cells and youth energy lipoamino acid to address deeper lines and wrinkles, as well as the visible signs of aging. Available in a daytime and nighttime formula in patented airless jars. The day versions fills-in wrinkles for a smoother, younger looking skin, while the night version is anti-fatigue and reenergizing to assist with repair while you are sleeping.
In addition to following the tips listed above, wearing sunscreen on a daily basis is a simple way to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful. Experts recommend at least SPF 30 to protect against the harmful, aging effects of the sun’s UV rays. For extra protection, try Yon-Ka’s SPF 50.