We all have that friend who is blessed with perfect hair, clear skin, or a white smile – maybe all three. When you ask what her secret is, she pulls the modesty card and says she doesn’t have a secret, she’s just lucky. Lucky or not, healthy skin isn’t something that just happens on its own. You have to work for it.
If you’re eating well, exercising, and engaging in other healthy habits, the chances are that your skin will be healthy too. But what do people with healthy skin actually do? Read on to find out.
What Do People with Healthy Skin Do?
Everyone wants to know the secret to perfect health and wellness, but the secret is that there is no secret. There’s no shortcut to perfect skin that doesn’t involve a little time and effort. You don’t necessarily need to spend a small fortune or hours of your time each day on a complicated skincare routine, but you should be aware of how your choices and your actions affect your skin. Making healthy choices as much as possible is the key to healthy skin.
Here are some of the lifestyle choices people with healthy skin make every day:
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is important for your overall health as well as your skin health. People with healthy skin drink plenty of water which helps the skin maintain its protective barrier while also preventing it from becoming dull, flaky, and saggy.
- Follow a healthy diet. A diet filled with refined carbs, processed sugars, and unhealthy fats can wreak havoc on the skin as well as your overall health. People with healthy skin make healthy eating choices, focusing on anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich natural foods.
- Wear sun protection. Exposure to the sun’s UV rays can accelerate the aging process and damage your skin on the cellular level. People with healthy skin wear sunscreen to protect their skin and wear sunglasses to prevent squinting and the formation of fine lines around the eyes.
- Get plenty of sleep. When you don’t get enough sleep your skin looks dull and bags can form under your eyes from blood pooling. People with healthy skin make time for sleep, averaging 7 to 8 hours a night.
- Exercise on a regular basis. Being active boosts your circulation which improves blood flow to the skin as well as the organs and tissues in your body. People with healthy skin aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise 3 to 5 times per week.
Your skin is a reflection of how you treat your body. When you drink plenty of water, avoid processed foods, and exercise regularly, your overall health improves, and it shows in your skin. But what else do people with healthy skin do for their skincare routine to keep it looking flawless?
Here’s what people with healthy skin do to take care of their skin:
- Wear the right products for their skin type. All of these healthy habits won’t provide the maximum benefit unless they are formulated for your skin type. People with healthy skin know whether they have normal, oily, dry, combination or sensitive skin and choose skincare products accordingly.
- Cleanse in the morning. Cleansing is the key to removing dirt, bacteria, and other impurities from the skin, so it doesn’t clog the pores and cause breakouts. People who have healthy skin never skip their cleansing routine and they choose a cleanser appropriate for their skin type.
- Apply toner and moisturizer. Applying toner after cleansing helps treat and rebalance the skin, and improves the efficacy of other skin care products. People with healthy skin apply toner after cleansing and before applying their daily moisturizer.
- Wear SPF 25 or higher. The sun’s UV rays can damage your skin, causing discoloration and premature aging. People with healthy skin wear SPF protection 25 or higher on a daily basis, not just when they expect to spend an extended period of time in the sun.
- Remove makeup before bed. Leaving makeup on overnight can clog your pores and increase your risk for breakouts. People with healthy skin cleanse and tone the skin both morning and night to remove makeup, including stubborn eye makeup.
- Apply nighttime moisturizer. Your skin is most receptive to skincare products at night, so choosing the right nighttime moisturizer is essential. People who have healthy skin use a different moisturizer at night than they do during the day to capitalize on that benefit.
- Exfoliate 2 to 3 times per week. Exfoliation removes dead cells from the skin’s surface to improve complexion, tighten pores, and stimulate cell renewal. People with healthy skin exfoliate at least twice a week using an exfoliator appropriate for their skin type.
Making healthy choices in your diet and lifestyle will have a significant impact on your skin, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take a few shortcuts. If you’re dealing with specific skincare concerns, the right products can resolve those concerns and boost the health and appearance of your skin. Read on to learn about the top products to include in your daily skincare routine.
Products to Include in Your Skincare Routine
Exercising, getting enough sleep, and following a healthy diet are all great things to do if you want to improve your skin. If you really want healthy, glowing, and young-looking skin that lasts, however, you should give your skin the best advantage possible with Yon-Ka Paris skincare products. Formulated with luxurious plant cell actives, Yon-Ka Paris products support the needs of all skin types. You can choose from a variety of products designed to deliver the perfect alchemy of age-defying results and pure wellness.
Here are some of the top Yon-Ka Paris products to include in your skincare routine for skin that looks and feels healthy:
- Cleansers – Choose from four different texture choices according to your skin’s unique and changing needs. Enjoy a thoroughly deep and purifying cleanse without harsh or drying ingredients. Gel Nettoyant is a foaming 2-in-1 gel that removes eye and face makeup while Nettoyant Cream is a cream cleanser for sensitive skin, designed to remove high coverage face makeup. Lait Nettoyant is a 2-in-1 milk cleanser for all skin types and Eau Micellaire offers a quick, invigorating cleanse using intelligent micelle technology.
- Toners – Rejuvenate the skin and boost the effects of your other skincare products with Yon-Ka Paris toners. Rich in Yon-Ka’s “quintessence,” these toners hydrate the skin, refine the look of pores, and support the skin’s health. Lotion Yon-Ka PS purifies, tones, and invigorates dry and sensitive skin while Lotion Yon-Ka PNG is optimized for normal to oily skin.
- Exfoliation – Give your skin a radiant, enlivened appearance by gently polishing away imperfections and refining the texture of your skin. Yon-Ka offers options formulated for different skin types that come in granular and non-granular forms. Gommage Yon-Ka is a 4-in-1 facial peel that offers exfoliating, clarifying, hydrating, and balancing effects. Guarana Scrub features a cocktail of 11 active plant extracts to exfoliate and detoxify the skin.
- Face Masks – For more intense rejuvenation, enjoy one of Yon-Ka Paris’ skin masks. Rich in natural clays and essential oils, Masque 103 and Masque 105 enliven and clarify the skin to refine the look of pores for all skin types and ages. Masque 103 clears the complexion and tightens pores for normal to oily skin, while Masque 105 purifies dry and sensitive skin for a tighter, smoother appearance.
When you’re staying healthy and living well, your skin will show it. Making smart, healthy choices with your diet and lifestyle is the best thing you can do to preserve your skin health. If you want to give your skin a little boost, however, ask a Yon-Ka Paris professional which products will help you address your individual skincare concerns to help you achieve the healthy, glowing skin of your dreams.