In recent years serums have become a “go to” way to customize skincare routines to fit the exact needs of the user. With the variety of different serums currently available, it can be tough to choose just the right one for your skincare goals.
In this article, we’ll explore the subject of what skincare serums do for your skin and provide tips to help you choose the best option for your skin type. We’ll also talk about the benefits of a professional facial treatment and discuss recommendations for the top Yon-Ka Paris serums.
What Does a Serum Do for Your Skin?
You don’t have to be a skincare expert to understand that cleansers are used to clean the skin and moisturizers are used to moisturize it. But what exactly does a serum do?
A serum is a skincare product that is usually applied after cleansing but before moisturizing. These products typically contain active ingredients that are made up of very fine molecules that can penetrate deep into the skin’s surface to deliver the desired result. Serums often contain high concentrations of these active ingredients, so they should be used as directed.
It’s important to note that every serum is different, but many serums contain moisturizing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid. Compared to most moisturizers, however, serums are lightweight and typically water-based, which is why they can be applied under regular moisturizers. A serum usually has the weight and texture of a gel or a liquid, which makes them very easy to apply with just a small amount.
Serums are designed to address specific skincare concerns, so you need to choose one that is well-suited to your skin type and your individual issues. Let’s explore how…
Tips for Choosing the Best Serum
By now you may already know what type of skin you have, and you may have already established a daily skincare routine. If you want to amplify your benefits and customize your routine even further, however, you should consider adding a serum optimized for your skin type and concerns.
The right serum can maximize the benefits of your other skincare products. They typically feature powerful active ingredients that brighten the look of dull skin and minimize imperfections. This can be useful in addressing the various signs of aging and may also replenish volume and moisture for smoother, firmer, and younger-looking skin. The benefits depend on the type of serum you choose and how well it is suited to your skin type.
Here are some general tips for choosing the right serum for your skin:
- For dry skin, choose a serum that contains vitamin E, glycolic acid, or hyaluronic acid. These ingredients gently exfoliate and moisturize the skin in addition to improving your skin’s elasticity.
- If you have dull skin, look for a serum rich in antioxidants to wake up your skin and to promote cellular repair and healing.
- Pay attention to the expiration date on the serum. Serums often contain potent ingredients that can become unstable or less effective after coming into contact with air.
- Always store your serum in a cool, dry place and aim to use it or discard it within 6 to 12 months of opening it.
Once you’ve chosen the right serum for your skin type and your individual skincare concerns, you need to know how to use it. Serum should be applied after cleansing and toning but before moisturizing. The serum is designed to penetrate into the deeper layers of skin, so your moisturizer will form a sort of “barrier” to keep the active ingredients in the skin so they can deliver their benefits.
Because each serum is unique, you’ll need to follow the instructions printed on the label to determine how best to incorporate the product into your daily skincare routine.
Yon-Ka Recommended Serums for Your Skin Type
Now that you understand what serums are, how they can be beneficial in taking your skincare routine to the next level, and how to choose the right one, you may be wondering which Yon-Ka Paris serum is best for you.
Here are some of the top recommended Yon-Ka serums:
- Hydra No. 1 Serum – This intense, hydrating serum is long-lasting and designed for use with all skin types. It features high concentrations of hyaluronic acid to deeply rehydrate the skin, plus antioxidants like vitamins A, E, and C to fight free radical damage. It also comes in a low molecular weight to increase penetration and maximize your results. Use this serum under Hydra No. 1 Fluide or Crème moisturizer for optimal hydration.
- Advanced Optimizer Serum – This firming and lifting serum is designed to deliver optimal anti-aging benefits for all skin types. It features hibiscus peptides to boost collagen production with horsetail and wild rose extracts to firm and lift the skin. Use this serum with the Advanced Optimizer Crème moisturizer to maximize your firming benefits.
- Cellular Code Serum – A long-life infusion serum designed for all skin types, Cellular Code features the patented Cell-Energy Complex made with four botanical ingredients to address the most common anti-aging concerns. Though designed for all skin types, Cellular Code is optimized for mature, hormonally depleted skin and delivers smoother, firmer, regenerated, and more radiant skin with fewer signs of fatigue. Use with the Excellence Code Crème or Time Resist anti-aging moisturizers for the maximum benefit.
Choosing the right serum for your skin doesn’t have to be complicated. If you know your skin type or are able to identify some of your skin care needs, you should have no trouble choosing the right serum.
If you’re still not sure, don’t hesitate to contact a Yon-Ka Paris professional using our spa locator. Our trained professionals are here to guide you based on your specific skincare needs. You can also use the spa locator to find a spa where you can receive professional treatments to address your specific skin care concerns ranging from fine lines and wrinkles to sun damage and age spots.