Emily in Paris is an American comedy series that premiered on Netflix in October of 2020. The series features Lily Collins as Emily, a young American who moves from Chicago to Paris to bring an American perspective to a renowned French marketing firm. As cultures clash and challenges abound, Emily learns to juggle a new job, new friends, and a newfound appreciation for all things French.
The French culture has long been known for their fashion sense and flawless, youthful skin. We can only imagine Emily picked up more than a few tips after being transplanted from the Midwest into the heart of the fashion capital of the world.
Read to on to learn the top French skincare secrets Emily would have learned and to get a sneak-peak at some of the French-made skincare products that can help you get youthful, glowing skin at any age.
The Importance of Starting Skincare Early
You only live once, so it’s important to take advantage of opportunities when they arise. Though you may not have the chance to start a new career in Paris like Emily, you have the opportunity to adopt a simple habit that could make a world of difference. Starting a skincare routine now could save you from the visible signs of aging and could even protect you from dangerous conditions like skin cancer.
It’s easy to take smooth and supple skin for granted while you’re young, but the truth is it won’t last. Your skin is the largest organ in your body and, while it naturally repairs and regenerates itself, that ability slows with age. Starting at the age of 20, collagen production slows by about 1% each year. Once the visible signs of aging set in – things like fine lines and wrinkles – it may be too late to fix the damage.
Follow these French Skincare Secrets
View this post on Instagram
The best way to keep your skin looking healthy and young is to start taking care of your skin now. It’s never too early to start a skincare regimen and even if you’ve put it off for longer than you should, it will still make a difference going forward. The French have it down to an art and a science, so heed their advice!
Here are 5 French skincare secrets Emily likely learned (and you should too):
- Skincare is a necessity and not a luxury. Skincare is an element of self-care and it’s not something you should consider a luxury – it should be part of your daily routine.
- Keep it consistent. Develop your skincare routine around products appropriate for your skin type and use them consistently. Constantly swapping products could irritate your skin.
- Prevention is the key to aging gracefully. A simple routine of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing makes all the difference and daily sun protection is NOT optional.
- Focus on moisture. Your skin looks its best when it’s healthy and hydrated, so don’t skip the moisturizer. Find a good nighttime moisturizer and include masks in your weekly routine.
- Change your skincare with the seasons. As the weather changes, so should your skincare. Keep it light during the summer and switch to a richer moisturizer in the winter.
In addition to following these simple skincare tips, Emily would encourage you to choose your skincare products wisely. Avoid products made with harsh, chemical ingredients – natural is always the best option. We think Emily would love Yon-Ka Paris’ luxurious plant cell active-based skincare regimens.
Get Glowing Skin at Any Age with Yon-Ka Paris
Even if you’ve left your twenties behind, there’s no reason you can’t achieve glowing, radiant skin. As much as you may long for the naturally supple skin of your twenties, you can’t rely on youth forever. The key to ageless beauty is to start caring for your skin early and to keep up with a regular skincare routine.
Here are the top 5 Yon-Ka Paris products we recommend to get started:
- Lait Nettoyant – This velvety cleansing milk is ideal for all skin types and can be used as a makeup remover or everyday cleanser. Formulated with 89% natural ingredients, this cleansing milk sooths and purifies the skin without stripping it and helps maintain the skin’s natural pH.
- Lotion Yon-Ka – The perfect follow-up to a gentle cleanser is this hydrating alcohol-free toner. Lotion Yon-Ka is made of 99% natural ingredients, fortified with essential oils to deliver a toning, purifying, and invigorating effect while soothing and hydrating the skin.
- Phyto-Contour – Redefine contours with this luxurious anti-aging eye cream. This 4-in-1 formula stimulates microcirculation to banish puffiness and dark circles, revealing brighter, firmer, and refreshed contours for a more youthful appearance.
- Crème 28 – This classic face cream features a hydrating combination of soothing vegetable glycerin and nourishing botanicals to comfort dry and dehydrated skin. Rich in fatty acids, this non-oily treatment boosts cell function to speed skin repair and protect the skin.
- Crème 93 – Featuring a combination of antioxidant vitamins and natural botanicals, this mattifying moisturizer is formulated specifically for combination skin. Fortified with lime essential oil and ylang ylang, this moisturizer calms and balances the skin.
If Emily has learned anything from her experience in Paris, it’s that every person has their own perspective. We’re all unique and the best advice any of us can follow is to love the skin we’re in. If you want to keep loving your skin well into the future, start caring for it now by following the simple skincare tips above. Au revoir!